Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hurting



To me, this looks like a gorgeous snow scene. I can imagine skiing all day in the mountains, sipping hot chocolate and bailey's by the fire, and going for beautiful moonlit walks at dusk, my breath making puffy clouds in the night air.



This, on the other hand, looks awful. Piles upon piles of snow, wind, low visibility, and slush. Right now, we're experiencing something to this effect, although this certainly is much worse than the amount we've ever received. It's bad enough, though, that I spent almost 2 hours shoveling this morning. It's that super wet, dense and heavy snow that can break even the strongest back.

And to top it all off, I had a ridiculous cartoon moment, when I stepped outside my house, slammed the door, and felt a huge ton of snow land of my head. The snow had accumulated into a massive pile on the roof, and I must have created a mini landslide while shutting the door. Big chunks of wet snow fell down my back, and into my shirt, and I had to run inside to rip all my clothes off.

I was handling winter very well up until this point, so I am now dreaming of the beach....if I don't see the sun soon, I may just cry.

2 comments:

  1. This is the 2nd time shoveling this year that I have been very sore. Today and monday I was lucky enough to get the neighours to snow blow a part of my shoveling. I just got out of a bath to try to remedy the issue!

    I'm glad you're ok and can joke about your 'cartoon moment though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great when you have nice neighbours with a snow blower!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!