Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Two Days to Breathe

Two days.....it felt long, but of course, never long enough.



Two days to celebrate love.
(can you believe we didn't get a pic of the two of us?)

Two days to taste my first rabbit pie, pig's knuckle and boar sausage.

The Quebec Tasting Platter - the most meat I've eaten in my life


Two days to walk the blistering cold cobblestone streets of Old Quebec.



Two days to dive into a great book (The Colony of Unrequited Dreams, by Wayne Johnston)



Two days to read random poetry on poles... "chaque jour, une fleur" (every day, a flower)






Two days to breathe
though cold, catching breaths
let loose clouds of steam
that rise up and over the steeples
of the old city



2 comments:

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!